Ministry-approved vaccination certificates
Monday, 18 January 2021
Pursuant to art. 5, paragraph 1, letter a) of the dl n. 127 of 21 September 2021 and for the purposes provided for in the regulations on green certifications COVID-19, the following vaccines, administered by foreign competent national health authorities, are recognized as equivalent to those carried out under the National Strategic Vaccine Plan for the prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infections:
- Vaccines for which the marketing authorization holder is the same as for the Union European Union (Annex 1)
- Covishield (Serum Institute of India), manufactured under license from AstraZeneca
- R-CoVI (R-Pharm), produced under license from AstraZeneca
- Covid-19 vaccine-recombinant (Fiocruz), manufactured under license from AstraZeneca.
Therefore, it should be noted that even these vaccines are considered valid for the purpose of the issue of the Italian COVID-19 “green pass” in favor of Italian citizens (including residents abroad) to their family members living together and foreign nationals who reside in Italy for reasons of work or study, regardless of whether they are enrolled in the National Health Service or in the SASN (Personal Health Care).
In addition, without prejudice to the provisions of current legislation on cross-border entry, the certificates of vaccination issued by the competent national health authorities abroad, following vaccination with EMA-authorized vaccines or with the equivalent vaccines mentioned above, are considered equivalent to the COVID-19 “green pass” for the purposes of the law.
These certifications must contain at least the following content:
- identification data of the holder (name, surname, date of birth)
- vaccine data (name and lot)
- date(s) of administration of the vaccine
- identification data of who issued the certificate (State, Health Authority).
Vaccination certificates, in paper and/or digital format, must be written in at least one of the following languages of the following languages:
If the certificate has not been issued in one of these five languages, it must be accompanied by a sworn translation.
The validity of vaccination certificates is the same as that of the COVID-19 “green pass” (EU digital COVID certificate) issued by the Italian State.