Research for sustainable societies – the role of universities
EUA would like to invite its members to join the Fourth Arab-Euro Conference on Higher Education (AECHE 4): Research for sustainable societies – the role of universities, 24-26 April 2017, University Mohammad V, Rabat, Morocco, which will focus on bi-regional research collaboration and capacity building between Arab and European universities in the fields of energy, water, food and environment. The conference will be preceded by a related workshop on doctoral education on 24 April, to which EUA members are also invited.
The event will gather representatives from the higher education community, in particular university and research leadership, policy makers and innovative industries. It is expected that the conference will produce recommendations for the Conference of Euro-Mediterranean Research Ministers, which takes place on 3-4 May 2017 in Malta.
The conference will provide ample opportunities for exchange and networking with colleagues from all over the Arab world.
University leadership engaged in strategic collaboration, as well as heads of doctoral/graduate schools, coordinators of bilateral research and capacity building projects, are invited to share their experiences and lessons learnt regarding:
- research capacity building and research collaboration in water, energy, food and environment: inter- and multidisciplinary approaches in these areas, considering not only science and engineering, but also social sciences and humanities.
- development trends in international research collaboration and doctoral education
- cases studies, approaches and models for research collaboration, research capacity building and doctoral education, including aspects of partnership building, sustainability of relations, funding and alumni relations
- experiences of international research networks
- accessibility of scientific research results: Digitalisation and Open Science
For more detailed information, please refer to the attachment ‘AECHE 4 – Call for Speakers’ and the conference programme
**Extended deadline for submission: 2 December, 2016**