Position in a workplace:
Skills development: practical abilities for an effective diagnosis, support and intervention targeting the specific psychological diseases that may occur to individuals, families or larger social groups, regardless of their culture-specific ground.
- understanding relevant scientific and specialist publications;
- ability to be constantly updated with any new and relevant scientific progress in the field;
- statistical analysis skills;
- effective application and interpretation of the most important diagnostic tests;
- psychometric research and analysis skills;
- human behaviour observation and analysis skills;
- ability to carry out and evaluate a psychological interview;
- management of tutoring activities, both in educational and professional contexts;
- ability to implement any form of psychological support at different life span phases.
The main career opportunities are in the field of prevention, diagnosis and rehabilitation, both in the public and private sector, including educational institutes, the tertiary sector, psychosocial activities, psychometric assessment, human resources management, professional training, assistance and healthcare promotion.