Position in a workplace:
The graduate after the passing the State examination can enroll the Register of Architects, Planners, Landscapers and Curators as Junior Architect and can carry out professional activities, contributing and cooperating to e planning, design and implementation of interventions for organization and transformation of the built environment at different scales.
In particular, graduates will have the following capacities:
- knowledge of methodological and operational aspects of the areas typical of the course of study and ability to identify and solve problems using architecture and construction methods, updated techniques and tools;
- adequate knowledge of the aspects regarding the technical and economic feasibility, cost calculation and knowledge of the production process and of the implementation of architectural and building products, as well as of the aspects related to their safety;
- ability to use the techniques and tools for the design of architectural and building products.
These proficiencies can enable the graduate a project autonomy or capacity for collaboration:
-in the applied research in the fields of architecture and civil engineering;
-in the design of buildings and civil artifacts and in the ideational and procedural processes involved;
-in processes useful to detect, represent, design, oversee the construction and maintenance of artifacts and systems and safety-related systems;
-in the price analysis of architecture processes and in the economics of construction opertion.
The three-year graduate in architecture can perform undertake professional activity after enrolling in the Architects’ Association Section B.
Graduates can also carry out the design, management and work supervision, measurement, monitoring, accounting and liquidation of simple civil constructions carried out by standardized methodologies.
Among the professional services the instrumental and direct surveys on current and historical building are included too.
The graduate after obtaining the qualification and passing the examination to practice the professional activity finds his natural place in the world of employment in technical departments of public and private companies, in architectural and engineering firms operating in the field of architectural design or in production processes and building products.
In detail, graduates can find employment at:
- private design -structures organized as engineering companies as well;
- technical offices of public bodies, integrated in the design and management roles in the process of awarding the work which is a matter for the contracting authority;
- technical offices of public bodies, integrated in the role of official preparing processes linked in various ways to the control of the territory from the point of view of construction activity in general;
- private companies linked to production and marketing of building products, artifacts and related