Position in a workplace:
Graduates will be able to:
• Have an overall knowledge of general dentistry in the context of the patient-centered well-being and general treatment plan with no risks for the patient and/or for the environment;
• identify treatment priorities based on the community needs; work in collaboration with other health professionals to reduce community oral diseases burden;
• understand the overall diseases patterns using the fundamentals of human pathology, merged with the pathophysiological and pathological aspects with clinical diagnostic methodologies; have knowledge of the links between medical, surgical and dental therapeutic procedures, and have a basic knowledge of the care and assistance based on the pedagogy, psychology, sociology and ethics;
• have knowledge of the medications directly and indirectly related to the practice of dentistry and understand the implications of the medication therapy of systemic diseases related to oral health care;
• have knowledge regarding biomaterials involved in the field of dentistry;
• have knowledge how to prevent cross-infection, physical, chemical and microbiological contamination;
• have knowledge how to control the full range of anxiety control techniques and pain related to dental treatment;
• have knowledge how to analyse the scientific literature and apply research results to clinical practice following the evidence based dentistry;
• have knowledge how of the epidemiology, prevention and treatment of oral and dental diseases;
• develop a multi-disciplinary approach to the clinical situation working in team with other health care professionals, knowing rules and dynamics of the work in team;
• understand correctly the management, dynamics, bioethics issues related to dental work, the relationship with the patient, as well as the community dentistry issues, through monographic courses and/or interdisciplinary seminars;
• communicate and teaching the patient to an appropriate and effective oral hygiene technique;
• provide adequate information based on scientific evidence to patients, so they might get correctly informed to the different type of treatment;
• correctly interpret the EU legislation regarding the dental profession in compliance with the medico-legal norms and ethical force in the country of practice;
• recognize their limits in patient care and perceive the need to refer patients to other specialists for medical treatment;
• organize and guide the dental team in collaboration with other dental auxiliary personnel;
• deepen their knowledge on multi-ethnic society, especially to the different cultural and social aspects.
• have good proficiency of written and oral of at least one European language other than Italian.
The graduate in Dentistry owns the the ability to plan and perform autonomously therapeutic plans for the care and rehabilitation of the oral cavity; to recognize their limits in patient care and perceive the need to refer patients to other specialists for medical treatment; to evaluate the efficacy of the treatment plan, of the interventions performed and the results reached. Judgement skills will be ensured trough scientific papers, attending scientific conferences or congresses.
The graduate in Dentistry reached at least a knowledge of English language ranked at an intermediate level, and so able to understand scientific texts and journals.
The graduate in Dentistry is able to communicate with patients and raise their awareness for the achievement and maintenance of oral health, providing adequate information, based on knowledge and protocols accepted by the scientific community,
The graduate in Dentistry is able to develop a multi-disciplinary approach to the clinical situation working in team with other health care professionals, knowing rules and dynamics of the work in team;
The graduate in Dentistry has the capacity to use scientific databases to acquire new scientific documentation and analyse scientific literature and then be able to apply the research results to diagnosis and reliably therapy.
The graduate in Dentistry is able to correctly interpret the EU legislation regarding the dental profession in compliance with the medico-legal norms and ethical force in the country of practice.