1. INTRODUCTION. Typologies and classification of forage crops. Utiliation modalities. Forage systems and forage chains.
2. ANNUAL FORAGE CROPS. Role in the forage systems. Classification. The forage cereals: oats, barley, triticale, maize and sorghu,. Legumes: vetch, crimson clover, persian clover, squarrosum clover, Egyptian clover. Italian ryegrass.
3. PASTURE. Definitions and classification. The pasture improvement techniques. Sowing pasture species. The Mediterranean pasture species.
4. MOWN AND MOWN and GRAZED GRASSLANDS. Definitions and classification. Role in the forage systems.Establishment and management. The perennial grasses: Dactylis, Festuca and Phalaris. Perennial legumes: Alfalfa, white clover, red clover, sulla, sainfoin, birdsfoot trefoil.
5. Forage Conservation Techniques: Silage and Haylage Production