Program in English (for Erasmus students):
1. personal notes from the classes
2. Neil Johnson, Simply Complexity: A Clear Guide to Complexity Theory, Oneworld Publications, 2009.
3. Harry Francis Mallgrave, Architecture and Embodiment. Routledge, 2013.
4. Roberto Casati, Shadows: Unlocking Their Secrets, from Plato to Our Time. Vintage, 2007.
5. Roberto Casati, 2000, “The Structure of Shadows”, in A. Frank, J. Raper, and J.P. Cheylan, Time and Motion of Socio-Economic Units, London, Taylor and Francis, pp. 99-109; available at http://roberto.casati.free.fr/shadowmill.com/course/, in The Shadow Seminar section.
6. Fisher, Saul, "Philosophy of Architecture", The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Fall 2015 Edition), Edward N. Zalta (ed.), URL = . Included the supplementary documents “Architecture In Ancient and Early Modern Thought” and “Philosophy and the Tradition of Architectural Theory”.
7. Fabio Bacchini, Architettura e Generazioni Future, Archivio di Studi Urbani e Regionali, 46, 112, pp. 147-155 (as discussed in class).
8. Dominic McIver Lopes, 2007, “Shikinen Sengu and the Ontology of Architecture in Japan”, Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, 65, 1, pp. 77-84; Rafael De Clercq, 2008, “Lopes on the Ontology of Japanese Shrines”, Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, 66, 2, pp. 193-194; Dominic McIver Lopes, 2008, “Reference, Ontology, and Architecture: Response to Rafael De Clercq” , Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, 66, 2, pp. 194-196.