1. Learning of the general principles of Hygiene and Prevention
and description of the risk factors for disease:
• Health concept and its evolution
• Natural history of infectious and chronic diseases
• Risk factors. primary, secondary and tertiary
2. Learning and description of the epidemiological methodology:
• Definition and uses of epidemiology
• Descriptive studies: objectives and methodology
• Measurements in epidemiology
• Case studies: objectives and methodology. cohort studies and case-control. assessment of risk: absolute risk, relative and attributable.
• Experimental studies: objectives and methodology
3. Learning and description of Epidemiology and general prophylaxis of infectious diseases:
Origin, transmission, engraftment and development of infections in the community.
• Direct Prophylaxis on sick notification, isolation, absence, health surveillance, epidemiological investigation, direct and indirect diagnostic tests.
• Prophylaxis direct environment: selection criteria and disinfection and sterilization practices.
• Direct Prophylaxis on healthy: vaccine prophylaxis, serum prophylaxis, chemoprophylaxis