The student should have passed all the exams of design laboratory (ICAR 14 ICAR 20) during the first and second year.
The teaching activity currently displayed is borrowed from the teaching activities listed below.
Click on here to view professor information, educational goals, etc.
The Assessment methods and criteria occurs through:
- A relation in which the students highlight their critical abilities on the emerging debate on city project
- A rappresentation of the scenarios and the actions of the project developed during laboratory.
- Written and oral, different dates
- The results of the workshop on site with a final presentation
The course of "environmental and territorial project" is focus on issues that require a deepening of the relationship between architectural design and urban development processes.
The interdisciplinary approach is directed on building skills that relate to:
- the territorial and architecture project that is built through the interpretation of the ecological permissiveness of "sensitive" landscapes,
- the dynamics and strategies of the urban and territorial organization of the city;
- the transformation of landscapes that represent significant places of the contemporary city
- the programs that considers the territory/landscape as the center of the environmental and cultural future of the city.
The student will be able to problematize the practice of architectural design by reference to the problem of objectivity and realism of the theories of models and explanations (especially as regards the analysis which accompanies the project) and to the problem of meaning (in reference to the question of meanings objectively identifiable in architectural communication)
The course contents regard the design of new forms of living in the territories of the Gulf of Oristano. The theme explores new design approaches for the city of Oristano, a context characterized by the presence of water.
The goal is the development of projects at different scales that allow to enable urban renewal processes and environment of the city. The lectures, the Lab and the workshop are focused on the regeneration of derelict areas of the city, on the identification of public spaces and spaces for new residences, through a new concept of living which reveals the environmental quality of the area.
The project aims to study the following issues in relation to the water territories of Oristano:
- New settlements that respond to the demand for mobility of the different profiles of urban populations and potential new inhabitants.
- New services and public spaces, which allow the city to open new environmental perspectives on the basis of latent potential.
References are within individual courses
The teaching methods include lectures, lessons and a design Lab, class discussion of cases, active participation; students will be asked to produce arguments to support or reject theories and points of view
It is also included a workshop onsite (case study of the Lab) _duration 3-5 days
Readiness to offer individual assistance also in a foreign language to incoming students
Readiness to accept examination of incoming students also in a foreign language
Availability of supporting material and bibliographic references also in a foreign language (English)