Knowledges in Neurology
The course provide the students with essential knowledge of:
- the equipment and the proper use of various diagnostic and interventional neuroradiological techniques,
- the potentials of single imaging techniques in the study of the CNS,
- their appropriateness in relation to the clinical problem and the cost/benefit ratio,
- the most correct diagnostic algorithms in the different clinical eventualities.
Therefore the student will be able to identify time by time the more suitable diagnostic and interventional neuroradiological procedures in the management of patients with pathology of the CNS.
- "Radiological" and "non-Radiological" imaging techniques in the study of the Central Nervous System
- CT and MR basic principles, equipment and safety
- Congenital malformation, Demyelinating and Metabolic diseases of the brain
- Vascular pathology of the brain: Ischemic and Hemorrhagic diseases
- Degenerative and Infectious diseases of the brain
- Brain neoplasms: primitive intraaxial/extraaxial and metastatic tumors
- Pituitary and parasellar tumors
- Degenerative, infectious and neoplastic diseases of the spine
- Craniocerebral and vertebral trauma
- Vascular interventional neuroradiology
C. Colosimo, “Neuroradiologia”, Masson-Edra 2013.
Carriero et al., “Dal Sintomo all’imaging …dall’imaging alla radioterapia. IdelsonGnocchi 2017.
The slides used for lectures are made available to the students