Oral; Written assignment
The course aims to:
- Provide adequate knowledge and comprehension skills in the area of the enhancement of the environment and protection of cultural assets connected to archaeology. We will provide the necessary knowledge and skills to independently undertake the further specialist study which leads to employment in roles of responsibility in different sectors such as public and private institutions (museums, libraries, archives, research centres, foundation establishments, editorial companies, restoration centres etc.)
- Give general understanding at a professional level concerning management, conservation, restoration, exploitation and enhancement of the environmental and cultural assets in order to give access to less specialized collaborative activities for which there is a growing demand in the conservation sector, also as a consequence of the spread of private contracts.
These activities do not just require general historical and scientific knowledge but good technical knowledge especially concerning environmental evaluation and promotion as well as activities of cataloguing, exploitation, enhancement, and excavation of single cultural assets.
As a result, the course will provide the technical and scientific elements in order to give practical knowledge about the environmental and cultural assets which are considered less important and which are often the object of requests for technical collaboration from institutions dedicated to the preservation of our cultural heritage.
The course contents are as follows:
- planning of intervention to enhance cultural and landscape assets;
-Policy, strategy, and tools for cultural, territorial and landscape planning;
- the promotion and communication of the results of the process of enhancement of cultural and environmental assets;
In the first part of the course, study will be focused on the knowledge of the processes of protection and preservation of cultural assets: decline, maintenance, preservation and restoration.
- Classification systems for cultural assets and their accessibility (representation, methods, archives and cataloguing systems)
In the second part of the course study will be focused on the logic which guides the correct use of cultural assets for their exploitation and enhancement.
Complex programs and projects for cultural assets, channels for their financing and interventions of preservation, enhancement and exploitation of cultural assets.
- Social and environmental sustainability of the intervention.
- Tools for the evaluation of the technical or economical feasibility of projects, for the management of decision making and of conflict.
- Asset identity (graphics and corporate image), choice of communication channels.
- Tools for the management and promotion of new models of exploitation of the assets and cultural activities.
Will be communicated at the start of the course
Lectures and Labs