Chemistry and propedeutical Biochemistry
Students must prove:
- to know the relationship structure/function of the principal biological molecular classes;
- to understand the principles of enzymology, basic principals of kinetics and regulation of enzymatic functions;
- to understand the process of oxidative phosphorylation and mitochondrial synthesis of ATP;
- to describe the biochemical mechanisms at the base of metabolism and its regulation;
- to have basic knowledge of biochemical/metabolic properties of the principal organs useful for the comprehension of the physiopathological aspects connected with the functions of the organ.
Macromolecules and monomeric subunits
Relationship between biomolecules and cellular structures
Composition of living matter
Chromoproteins, oxygen carriers
Fee radicals and reactive oxygen species
ATP production and oxidative phosphorylation
Amino acid and protein metabolism
Cell communication and signal transduction:
Integration of glucidic and lipid metabolism
Energetic substrates and nutritional requirements
Mellitus diabetes and obesity
Biochimica Medica, IV edizione – Siliprandi & Tettamanti – PICCIN
Biochimica con aspetti clinici, 5/e – Thomas M. Devlin – EdiSES
Biochmica, Settima edizione- Jeremy M. Berg, John L. Tymoczko, Lubert Stryer _ ZANICHELLI
Theoretical lessons, use of multimedia tools.
During the classes, students are encouraged to ask questions on the covered subjects. Written exams will be done during the course either with multiple choice or open questions.