The student will be able to access to an elementary knowledge of analytical aesthetics and ontology of art, with particular attention to architecture.
- what is an artwork?
- what is the distinction between an artwork and a mere object?
- the ontology of the artwork
- the necessary and sufficient conditions of x to be an artwork
- the conceptual and ontological status of the architectural artwork
- is there still place for beauty in art? And in architecture?
1. personal notes from classes.
2. Arthur Danto, The Transfiguration of the Commonplace, Cambridge (Mass.), Harvard University Press, 1981.