The course aims to provide students with the essential elements to understand the organization of public authorities. In particular, the teaching focuses on top institutions of the State (Parliament, Government, President of the Republic) and the Regions, on the guarantee organs (Constitutional Court, Magistrates), on the freedoms and rights.
At the end of the course the student will have acquired (expected results)
(1) Knowledge and understanding: understanding the essential architecture of the State, the tools through which it operates (in particular the sources, the acts), the aims and values indicated in the Constitution.
(2) Ability to apply knowledge and understanding: ability to apply the principles and rules of law studied in point 1 to the concrete case, through the analysis of case studies and some judgments that act as leading cases.
(3) Autonomy of judgment: ability to envisage legal solutions to controversial issues in matters of law and public organization.
(4) Communication skills: development of language skills specific to the legal sector.
(5) Learning skills: teaching provides specialized training in the legal field for first and second level university courses.