The course analyzes some of the main macroeconomic phenomena (unemployment, inflation, real and financial crisis etc.), showing the way in which they evolve and the main theories used for their interpretation. Referring to the different theoretical frameworks, the course will focus on the effectiveness of different economic-policy measures (fiscal, monetary and institutional).
(1) Knowledge and ability to understand: to acquire the theoretical and methodological tools for understanding the functioning of monetary and financial institutions and markets, the regulation of the financial system, the theoretical elements that motivate them as well as the general criteria that inspire its articulation in the various institutional contexts .
(2) Ability to apply knowledge and policy: to analyze the interventions of economic policy and their effects on the economic system
(3) Autonomy of judgment: to develop the critical capacity, retrieval and interpretation of data in order to support research questions;
(4) Communication skills: to develop the ability to communicate by using appropriate technical language and a scientific method.
(5) Learning skills: to acquire the ability to critically analyze, interpret and communicate useful at a more advanced stage of the course of study