Congenital and acquired disorders of female genital tract
Embryonic and fetal death, mummification, maceration, abortion
Disorders of pregnancy, false pregnancy
Partum and puerperium disorders
Puerperal metabolic diseases
Neoplasms of the genital tract and mammary
Infertility and sterility
Repeat breeding syndrome
Oestrous cycle phatology
Cause of female infertility or sterility
Instruments for the artificial insemination
Semen collection, evaluation, dilution and storage
Artificial insemination technique in domestic animals.
Preparation of artificial vaginas in different species
Preparation of the instruments for insemination in the different species
Staining and reading of the slides of colpocytological smears
Exercise in the department farm
Artificial insemination in sheep
Frontal lessons in the classroom
- Practical exercises in the class room
- Practical exercises in the laboratory
- Practical exercises in the department farm
For this year following the COVID emergency
The lectures will take place:
In synchronous mode using the Teams platform during the hours set by the class timetable.
Practical exercises will take place:
- online in synchronous mode using the Microsoft Teams platform at the times established by the timetable
ASSESSMENT METHOD AND CRITERIA
• Final oral exam and practical exam (the student must know the instruments for artificial insemination)
• The student must show:
• You know the fundamentals of the pathology of reproduction in females of different domestic species.
• You know the causes of fertility and infertility in females
• To be able to evaluate the male and their semen.
• You know the techniques for semen collection, evaluation and storage of semen and artificial insemination techniques in different species.