We will explore the theory and applications of marketing concepts through a mix of cases, discussions, business games, lectures and workgroups. We will draw and discuss materials from a variety of sources and settings including consumer and business-to-business products.
By the end of this course, the student should have acquired the following knowledge and skills
(1) Knowledge and understanding: to know the steps of the strategic marketing process; to know the fundamental tactical tools of the operational marketing; to understand how strategic marketing interfaces with operational marketing and with the firm’s other major functions.
(2) Applying knowledge and understanding: to formulate effective and consistent marketing strategies with organizational objectives; to interpret the logic and aims of real marketing strategies undertaken by companies.
(3) Making judgements: to assess market opportunities by analyzing customers, competitors, collaborators, context, and the strengths and weaknesses of a company.
(4) Communication skills: through group works related to marketing cases assigned by the instructor, the course includes specific activities aimed at developing the student's communication skills; in particular, each student will be called upon to expose to the class a part of the group work he/she has been working on.
(5) Learning skills: at the end of the course, the student is expected to have the ability to learn to further deepen, in autonomy and/or in the context of advanced specialist courses, the complex discipline of Marketing.