The teaching activity currently displayed is borrowed from the teaching activities listed below.
Click on here to view professor information, educational goals, etc.
Students will be graded based on written test and optional oral exam.
The course is devoted to provide the students with the necessary know how to understanding the genetic mechanisms that underlie the transmission of genetic characters and the manifestation of multifactorial traits.
Students will also acquire the skills to predict the risk of occurrence of discontinuous genetic characters and understand the genetic basis related to the expression of behavioural disorders.
- Mendelian genetics and models of Mendelian inheritance.
- Extensions of the Mendelian analysis.
- Quantitative genetics.
- Cytogenetics, karyotype, chromosomal aberrations and cognitive diseases.
- Origin of genetic variability: nucleotide mutations, genomic imprinting, FraXa syndrome, and cognitive diseases.
- Behavioural genetics and quantitative genetics:
- polygeny and multifactorial inheritance, complex interactions between genotype and environment, concept of heritability, penetrance and expressiveness.
- Genetic bases of autism (hints).
Pierantoni R. Fondamenti di Biologia e Genetica, EdiSes
Sadava D., Elementi di Biologia e Genetica
Altri testi di libri di studio verranno suggeriti durante le lezioni. Agli studenti verrà fornito tutto il materiale didattico utilizzato a lezione.
- As a consequence of the Covid 19 emergency, lessons could be given electronically and the examination could be an oral telematic test.