The course is aimed at deepening the elements of the strategic management process, the tools and techniques for context analysis, strategy making process and the definition of any changes necessary for the implementation of preset strategies.
At the end of the course the student will have acquired:
(1) Knowledge and ability to understand: to know the elements of the strategic management process; know the advanced techniques of strategic analysis, planning and problem solving with specific reference to the tourism sector;
(2) Ability to apply knowledge and understanding: be in the position to analyze and understand the reference framework, to design and implement strategic intervention lines, defining control systems for monitoring and evaluating performances, with a specific focus on the tourism industry;
(3) Autonomy of judgment: ability to analyze and interpret the corporate strategy also in temporal and spatial comparative analysis; ability to evaluate the effectiveness and coherence of strategic choices;
(4) Communication skills: the student will work in the context of working groups and will be able to prepare and present in the classroom case studies based on specific issues of business strategy in the tourism sector;
(5) Learning skills: the use of active teaching methodologies will favor the ability to use the skills acquired in managerial roles within companies in the tourism sector.