1.Fisheries and natural resources management
- Fish stocks as common goods,
- Non-appropriability and non-escludibility principles of common goods;
- Issues related to over-exploitation of fish stock (the “Tragedy of the Commons”),
- Fisheries productivity, management and sustainability;
- Environmental functions (externalities) of fisheries.
2.Theoretical issues of fisheries production
- Classification of fisheries activities,
- Production function of fisheries firms;
- Technical inputs;
- Economic efficiency and capacity;
- Multi-species fisheries.
- Production in small-scale fisheries.
3.Common Fisheries Policy (CFP)
- Classification of management measures
- Objectives and history of CFP;
- Mean policies axes of CFP;
- Policies tools and measures of CFP;
- Fisheries policy in the Mediterranean sea.
4.Economic issues of inshore and offshore aquaculture
- Classification of aquaculture activities;
- Production functions in aquacultural farms;
- Management of aquacultural farms.
5.Fish and sea foods market
- Fish foods demand and supply;
- Mean productions in the Mediterranean sea;
- Fish foods supply-chain and retails of products from small-scale fisheries.