The teaching activity will be carried out during the hours set by the course calendar and will include:
The first lesson will be dedicated to addressing issues related to biosecurity in practical exercises in the field and in the laboratory
The biological associations (symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism and parasitism); definition of definitive and intermediate host, and vectors; parasitic specificity; Systematic classification and morphobiology of animals parasites Notions of immunoparasitology.
Pathogenesis, pathology and economic lossess of parasitosis. Clinical and laboratory diagnosis of parasitosis. Basis of the direct and indirect prophylaxis of parasitosis. Antiparasitics: chemical groups, mode of action, characteristics, dosages, modalities and precautions to use and withdrawal periods of anti-anthelmintic antiprotozoal and insecticides. Etiology, epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical signs, pathological findings, diagnosis, control and therapy of endo and ectoparasitosis of sheep, goats, cattle, horses, pigs, chickens, dogs and cats
Knowledge of the Parasitology and notions of biosecurity to be applied to safeguard the health of the operator in the prevention of the zoonosis in laboratory and in farms
- isolation of parasitic elements;
- macro and microscopic recognition of the main parasitic agents;
- microscopic recognition of the propagation forms of parasites will be taught.
- laboratory diagnosis of parasitic diseases
- parasitological diagnosis on organs and viscera
- clinical diagnosis of parasitic diseases
- herd parasitic diseases management
- administration of anthelmintics and ectoparasiticides
During the COVID-19 emergency:
FRONTAL LESSONS will be:
- online in synchronous/asynchronous mode using the Microsoft Teams platform. Face-to-face teaching can be implemented if the Ministerial and / or University regulations will allow it.
PRATICAL LESSONS will take place:
- online in synchronous/asynchronous mode using the Microsoft Teams platform.
- in the laboratory, in person, in accordance with COVID-19 protocols if the epidemiological trend of the pandemic will allow it.
- in the farm in person, in accordance with COVID-19 protocols if the epidemiological trend of the pandemic will allow it.