The aim of the course is to provide the basic knowledge for a proper clinical examination in the various species of domestic animals, for a correct interpretation of symptoms and clinical signs aimed at diagnosing the most common diseases of surgical interest.
At the end of the course the student, through the evaluation of different clinical cases, will be able to use the knowledge acquired for the development of a correct diagnostic and therapeutic procedure.
The course aims to stimulate students:
- learning knowledge and developing understanding and developing and / or applying original ideas in the context of surgical semiology;
- to develop the ability to apply this knowledge and solve problems related to new or unfamiliar subjects;
- to integrate the knowledge in surgical semiology and to manage its complexity;
- to communicate clearly and unambiguously to specialists and non-specialists;
- to acquire autonomy in the field of surgical semiology.
Written and oral examinations:
1) Test multiple-choice and open-ended questions
2) Presentation and discussion of specific subject, previously agreed.
3) Questions and explanations on topics listed in the course program.
During the verification of the results the student must demonstrate:
- to have basic knowledge for the complete clinical examination;
- to have the ability to apply the acquired knowledge;
- to be able to integrate the acquired knowledge and manage its complexity;
- to know how to communicate in a clear and unambiguous way to specialists and non-specialist interlocutors.
-the acquisition of study autonomy in the field of surgical semiology.