Individual oral examination with some questions relating to the program in order to measure the level of learning and to verify:
- the degree of knowledge of the program
- the ability of place events and personages in their chronological and spatial dimension
- the acquirement of an adequate and scientific terminology
The marks will be expressed in thirtieth.
The course is designed to develop a basic knowledge of Italian and international medieval history and to promote and develop the following skills:
- identification of the fundamental causal relationships between historical phenomena
- critical analysis ability of political, institutional, social and economic structures
The course aims to analyze the general framework of Italian and international medieval history.
During lessons students will be encouraged to read specific essays.
Manual of Medieval History chosen by:
- G. Vitolo, Medioevo, I caratteri originali di un'età di transizione, Firenze, Sansoni, 2001 (and later reprints).
- A. Cortonesi, Il medioevo. Profilo di un millennio, Roma, Carocci, 2008 (and later reprints).
Lectures on general aspects of medieval history and in depth analysis of specific topics of the course, enhanced by the review of different types of sources and field trips.
Readiness to offer individual assistance also in a foreign language to incoming students: spanish.
Availability of supporting material and bibliographic references also in a foreign language: Salvador Claramunt y otros, Historia de la Edad Media, Barcelona, Ariel, 1992, y sucesivas ediciones.
Readiness to accept examination of incoming students also in a foreign language: spanish.