Each student (attending classes or not) will be evaluated based on an oral final exam. The exam will consist of several questions that will cover the program content topics. The lowest grade requires the demonstration of an elementary and sufficient knowledge of the basics of the discipline. The attribution of the highest grade requires excellent theoretical knowledge, the ability to use it critically to simulate the adoption of real business decisions and, last but not least, a good capacity for linguistic expression.
The teaching unit aims to present and explore the topic of business management in the field of cultural and artistic organizations, focusing in cultural heritage topic. In the first part, the main actors and stakeholders will be presented and analyzed. In the second part, the main dimensions of cultural management (governance, strategy and planning, marketing, financial resources and control) will be introduced. A series of case studies and guest speakers will be presented.
The teaching unit is divided into 9 sections:
- Introduction to management: economic activity and companies
- Institutional and government structures
- Companies operating in the arts and culture
- Cultural heritage and customers: benefits, needs and supply systems
- The analysis of the competitive environment
- The determinants of the economic goals in cultural enterprises
- Organization and management of cultural enterprises
- The marketing of cultural enterprises
- The economy KPI in cultural enterprises
Dubini, P., Montanari, F., & Cirrincione, A. (2017). Management delle aziende culturali. EGEA spa.
For Erasmus students:
Dubini, P., Montanari, F., & Cirrincione, A. (2020). Management of cultural firms. EGEA spa.
Traditional, interactive lessons and guest lectures. All the activities will be delivered by using, where useful, slides and multimedia materials.
All the materials (slides, papers and supplementary readings, informative materials, etc.) will be available also for students who will not constantly attend classes
Internationals students will have the possibility to use the English language to interact with the Professor (during teaching activities, etc.), as well as to make the final exam.
For more info please write at firstname.lastname@example.org