The Child Nutrition and Health Course is aimed at providing the student with the fundamental knowledge to understand the role of diet, foods and nutrients, and to promote and ensure adequate nutrition of the pediatric subject.
The objectives of the course are to provide students with:
- knowledge of macronutrients and micronutrients, and of their role in health and disease prevention, with specific reference to the pediatric age
- knowledge of nutritional needs in the pediatric age
- ability to evaluate nutritional status in the pediatric subject
- knowledge of the correct nutritional approach in the healthy pediatric subject
- knowledge of the most important pediatric nutritional, metabolic and digestive diseases, and of the respective nutritional approaches
- knowledge of eating behavior disorders.