Therefore provide valid analysis and design tools for:
- understand the specificities of the territory, including emerging strengths and weaknesses in the face of calamitous events;
- implement the necessary preventive measures;
- find adequate solutions to the occurrence of the event and the damage (to people, things, landscape) resulting from it;
- design the public place also as an evacuation space
- design the evacuation space also as a public place.
Students will explore different ways of analysis and representation of urban and non-urban space. In particular they will measure themselves with the analysis and mapping of a space and its representation through the perception of identity and belonging and the level of security.
Particular importance will also be given to the definition of adequate communication plans and/or signage projects.
The approach required is of an anthropological and cognitive nature, i.e. oriented towards qualitative (perceptive) rather than quantitative (engineering) action.
The area of analysis and project
Everyone will have to analyse their municipality of residence.
proficiency and knowledge on urban structure and systems
knowledge of foundamntal of urban theory
acquisition of knowledge and skills on urban techniques and tools
proficiency on critical analysis of urban systems' s evolution dynamics and phenomena
acquisition of knowledge and skills on design of public, common and community spaces
knoweldge and skills on durable, sustainable and resilient design