The course, within a framework related to the issues of Economics, aims to allow the student to acquire autonomous design skills and solve problems of an economic and financial nature, using appropriate software of the PC. The relevant part of the course aims to tackle the problems of economics, which integrate the statistical-quantitative and economic knowledge already acquired in the past by the student, with his studies and experience in finance, credit intermediation and business administration; the course takes place in the computer lab. The main objectives are:
(1) Knowledge and ability to understand: identifying the peculiarities of the problems in order to find, in abstract, the modalities of their resolution both in the economic and financial sector
(2) Ability to apply knowledge and comprehension: ability in the construction of the solution of the model and implementation of optimal solutions to each problem through already available software.
(3) Autonomy of judgment: development of critical skills, autonomous research and interpretation of chosen methodologies in order to support the most effective and efficient solutions for the single problem;
(4) Communication skills: ability to communicate by using appropriate technical language and a scientific method.
(5) Learning skills: capacity for analysis, interpretation, critical analysis and communication.