The course addresses the basic topics of descriptive statistics, probability and inferential statistics, which are needed to compute summary statistics of central tendency and dispersion, confidence intervals and simple regression analyses. Besides, the course aims to introduce the students to the use of the specific software – the spreadsheet – used to perform this kind of task.
At the end of the class the student will get:
(1) The ability of solving problems according to the procedure of statistical hypothesis testing;
(2) The ability to make a decision based on data;
(3) The ability to use a spreadsheet to make calculation or producing graphics;
(4) The ability to work in a computer lab;
(5) The knowledge required to understand the positioning of a firm on the market.