The course aims to allow the knowledge of air law institutes, in its public and private aspects and in its multiple national, European and international dimensions, through the study of the basic rules, the contractual forms and the main cases, with particular attention to passenger rights and airport management.
At the end of the course the student will have acquired (expected results):
- knowledge and understanding: the student will acquire good knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles and institutional aspects of air law, regulatory competences and administrative functions of national, European and international entities and organizations, infrastructure management, air transport services and access to the market, contractual and liability profiles, aeronautical insurance, safety and security, with special reference to the reform of the aeronautical part of the navigation code, the protection of passenger rights and the European air transport policy;
- ability to apply knowledge and understanding: the student will be able to explain the socio-economic reasons that guide the choices of the legislator, the behaviour of operators and passengers, the decisions of the national, European and international jurisprudence, as well as to apply the theoretical concepts to public organization and to the institutional aspects of air transport, to interpret and apply the rules relating to the exercise of aeronautical activities, to interpret and apply the main air transport contracts;
- autonomy of judgment: the student will develop a capacity of orientation between the regulatory sources and the management of contractual solutions, and autonomy of judgment in interpreting and applying the main juridical principles and the legal aspects of administrative, economic and social phenomena related to air transport, in their various public and private components;
- communication skills: although teaching does not include specific activities aimed at developing communication skills, except those implicit in learning skills, the student will be able to use technical language in describing, interpreting, evaluating and applying the fundamental principles and essential concepts of air law;
- learning skills: teaching provides the basis for the learning of air law, through a process of deepening the knowledge of the essential principles and fundamental institutes, in its theoretical aspects and in the practical implications, guaranteeing the necessary tools for the understanding, interpretation and application of the legal rules, as well as the access to the following levels of training, participate in a public competitions and play a role in private companies.