1. Topics related to the general characteristics of viruses and phytoplasmas, infectious agents of diseases that can affect various crops and in particular the lives of which will be made a specific description of the main ones present in the wine world and in particular in our region focusing on virosis whose exemption is mandatory in the certified material and those of new indication in the Sardinian viticulture.
2. Macroscopic or field diagnostics with visits to the vineyard allowing direct observation in late spring of symptoms of viral diseases (GFLV, GPGV) and sampling of tissues suitable for the execution of laboratory diagnostic tests (ELISA , RT-PCR, NESTED Latency and recovery phenomena.
3. Epidemiology: problems related to transmission by grafting and by vectors.
4. Practical execution by students of some of the most used diagnostic techniques suitable for an etiological study of pathogens of an infectious character: enzyme immunoenzymatic type ELISA and biomolecular PCR, RT-PCR, Nested-PCR.
5. Implementation of the virus recovery technique of the meristematic explant combined with micropropagation.
6. The process of genetic-health certification