Knowledge General and particular objective examination
Written and oral examinations: Test multiple-choice and open-ended questions
During the verification of the results the student must demonstrate:
- to have basic knowledge to recognize an emergency;
- to have the ability to apply the acquired knowledge;
- to be able to integrate the acquired knowledge and manage its complexity;
- to know how to communicate in a clear and unambiguous way to specialists and non-specialist interlocutors.
Provide basic knowledge of emergency medicine for small animals. The scheme of the main problems encountered in emergency medicine will be presented. At the end of the course the student must be able to use the acquired knowledge to face some clinical emergencies.
The course aims to stimulate students:
- learning knowledge and developing understanding and developing and / or applying original ideas in the context of clinical emergencies;
- to develop the ability to apply this knowledge and solve problems related to new or unfamiliar subjects;
- to integrate the knowledge in emergency medicine and to manage its complexity;
- to communicate clearly and unambiguously to specialists and non-specialists;
- to acquire autonomy in the field of clinical emergency.
The course will take place through lectures, seminars and practical lessons in small groups.
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation; triage; A CRASH PLAN; Neurological emergency; respiratory emergency, toxicological emergencies;
Fabio Viganò - Terapia intensiva nel cane e nel gatto
Elisa M. Mazzaferro, Richard B. Ford - Diagnosi e trattamento delle malattie dei piccoli animali e terapia d'urgenza.
Fabio Viganò -Manuale di pronto soccorso nel cane e nel gatto
The course consists of lectures, during which the topics are exposed in a critical and interactive, and a practical part during which students apply theoretical knowledge to solve problems related to the discipline.