The course aims to illustrate the market faillure due to tourism production and consumption and to study the economic reasons for public intervention within a framework of sustainable economic development. In particular, the tools, the methods and the impacts associated with public policies will be analyzed. The main objectives are:
(1) Knowledge and ability to understand: identify the peculiarities of the tourism sector.
(2) Ability to apply knowledge and policy: to identify the needs for public intervention, to identify the type of public policies aimed at solving different types of problems.
(3) Autonomy of judgment: development of critical capacity, retrieval and interpretation of data in order to support research questions;
(4) Communication skills: ability to communicate by using appropriate technical language and a scientific method.
(5) Learning skills: capacity for analysis, interpretation, critical analysis and communication.