Written examination with 30 multiple choice questions.
The course aims to provide basic knowledge concerning main theories, methodological guidelines and a representative overview of research themes in contemporary social and cultural anthropology.
The course also aims to provide:
- a basic preparation to be able to deal with courses in the same scientific-disciplinary sector in the context of master degree courses;
- tools for understanding social and cultural processes of the contemporary world in relation to the educational purposes of the three-year degree courses.
The course also aims to provide basic knowledge of school and teaching studies.
The course will cover the following topics:
- anthropology and the study of culture;
- anthropological research;
- economic systems;
- reproduction and human development;
- sickness, illness and healing;
- kinship and domestic life;
- social groups and social stratification;
- political systems;
- people on the move;
- anthropology of schooling.
Ugo Fabietti, Elementi di antropologia culturale, Mondadori Università, Milano, 2015 (pages 3-53, 57-94, 97-116, 149-166, 169-210, 213-243, 250-270, 273-315, 319-344, 348-404).
During the lessons, Power Point presentations and audiovisual aids will be widely used.
The course will take place according to synchronous distance teaching.