The teaching activity currently displayed is borrowed from the teaching activities listed below.
Click on here to view professor information, educational goals, etc.
- The nature of psychology
▪ The historical origins of psychology
Modern orientations of psychology
- The biological basis of psychology: the brain and behavior:
▪ Neurons and structures of the nervous system.
▪ The organization of the central nervous system;
▪ The asymmetries of the brain
▪ The autonomic nervous system
▪ The neuroendocrine system and the stress response
▪ The components of emotion
▪ Cognitive evaluation and emotion
▪ Subjective experience and emotion
▪ Tendency to think and act
▪ Positive emotions
▪ Body modifications and emotion
▪ Facial expression and emotion
▪ Emotional regulation
▪ Personality assessment
▪ Psychoanalytic approach
▪ Behavioral approach
▪ Cognitive approach
▪ Evolutionary approach
- The body''s response to trauma.
- Learning and memory
- Archaeology of the mind:
▪ The evolution of affective consciousness.
▪ The search system
The Ancestral Sources of Anger
▪ The Roots of Fear
▪ The system of care
The System of Panic/Suffering
▪ The System of Play
1. Atkinson- Hilgard. “Introduzione alla psicologia” Piccin Ed 2006
2. Archeologia della mente. Origini neuroevolutive delle emozioni umane. J. Panksepp, L. Biven. Raffaello cortina editore. 2014.
3. Lecture handouts in power point format and bibliographic photocopies.