Chemistry and propedeutical Biochemistry
The exam consists in a written test to verify the level of the knowledge of Biochemistry. Written tests will be done during the course.
Students must prove:
- to know the relationship structure/function of the principal biological molecular classes;
- to understand the principles of enzymology, basic principals of kinetics and regulation of enzymatic functions;
- to understand the process of oxidative phosphorylation and mitochondrial synthesis of ATP;
- to describe the biochemical mechanisms at the base of metabolism and its regulation;
- to have basic knowledge of biochemical/metabolic properties of the principal organs useful for the comprehension of the physiopathological aspects connected with the functions of the organ.
Macromolecules and monomeric subunits
Relationship between biomolecules and cellular structures
Composition of living matter
Chromoproteins, oxygen carriers
Fee radicals and reactive oxygen species
ATP production and oxidative phosphorylation
Amino acid and protein metabolism
Biochimica Medica, V edizione – Siliprandi & Tettamanti – PICCIN
Theoretical lessons, use of multimedia tools.
During the classes, students are encouraged to ask questions on the covered subjects. Written exams will be done during the course either with multiple choice or open questions.
Readiness to offer individual assistance in English language to incoming students.
Availability of supporting material and bibliographic reference in English language.
Readiness to accept examination of incoming students also in English language.