The course aims to provide conceptual and practical tools to understand 1) managerial decisions in sustainable firms to pursue financial, environmental and social objectives.
By the end of the course, students will get the following results:
(1) Knowledge and Understanding: acquire knowledge on strategic decisions (e.g., CSR) aimed at creating value for all stakeholders in the tourism sector and develop the ability to critically analyze them.
(2) Applying Knowledge and Understanding: know how CSR can be applied in the strategy of tourism firms (e.g., hotels, restaurants, tour-operators etc.) to solve environmental and social problems related to the provision of tourism services, while pursuing economic interests.
(3) Making Judgments: develop the ability to interpret the acquired knowledge and manage the complexity, as well as to make judgments based on limited or complex information about current CSR challenges in tourism.
(4) Communication skills: communicate corporate data on sustainability issues to expert and non-expert interlocutors; understand the importance of communicating such data in an accurate and effective manner.
(5) Learning skills: develop the basic skills to study autonomously.