Meat production and consumption in the world.
Meat production supply chains: technologies and organization.
The concepts of environmental sustainability of meat: carbon, water and nitrogen footprints of livestock farms.
The planning of beef and sheep meat supply chains and the assessment of their environmental impact.
The value of meat in the diet.
The sustainability of livestock supply chains.
Sustainable animal husbandry
The supply chains
- The cattle supply chain
- The bovine supply chain in Sardinia
- The sheep supply chain
- The pig supply chain
- The pig supply chain in Sardinia
- The poultry supply chain
Meat and human health
- Meat, a universal food
- Italian meats, safe foods
- Meat in the modern diet
- Cold cuts and processed meats, the Italian companion food
- Meat for mothers and children, for athletes and the elderly
Ethics of meat production
- Ethics of animal husbandry
- Animal health and welfare, a basic requirement
- Antimicrobials and resistance, an emerging issue
- On the side of citizens (farmers, processors and consumers): ethical supply chain pacts
- Meat and communication, a simple but not easy topic.
3. Farm and Companies visits
Visit to the BSGreen plant - Project VERSOA. Marrubiu.
Visit to a fattening center and meat processing plant.