The aim of this course is to provide students with knowledge in Business Statistics, i.e. the theoretical and practical knowledge of statistical methods used to tackle simple and complex decision-making problems in the company, using information and appropriate statistical techniques. To this end, only some of the most used statistical techniques are presented, focusing on the topics that are functional to the course. The course provides appropriate statistical tools to the requested application context as: the analysis of the relationship between phenomena of corporate interest, the interpretation of data referring to business phenomena,
At the end of the course the student will have acquired:
1. KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND: knowledge on the main economic-business data for the analysis of the quantitative phenomenon, ability to identify which information are necessary for the study of the decision problem, ability to understand the appropriate statistical tools for the analysis of the economic phenomenon.
2. ABILITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING: ability to recognize and apply the basic tools to carry out the study of the phenomenon, to analyse and interpret the results of the statistical analysis.
3. SELF JUDGEMENT: ability to recognize whether the statistical method applied is used appropriately for the study of the phenomenon.
4. COMMUNICATION SKILLS: ability to provide right interpretations and good analysis of the results using appropriate statistical terminology.
5. LEARNING SKILLS: it encourages in-depth study of the statistical methodologies proposed in the context of advanced specialized courses.