There are no specific requirements.
The examination process is closely related to the pandemic evolution. The exam is meant to be written, either in presence or remotely.
The course aims to endow the students with the basic knowledge as to how to interpret the variability and the complexity of the phenomenona, as well as the techniques for processing and presenting the data
1. Statistical Units
2. The statistical learning
3. Introduction to data
4. Simple distributions
5. Ratios and Index numbers
6. Graphical representations
7. Expected value
8. Variability, concentration and asymmetry
9. From histogram to density
10. Statistical interpolation
11. Dependence and association
12. Regression and concordance
13. Introduction to combinatorics
14. Introduction to probability
15. Random variables
16. Statistical inference
Cicchitelli, D'Urso, Minozzo. Statistica: principi e metodi. 3a edizione, Pearson editore
For the entire course, teaching will be done face to face, except for Covid-19 outbreak, which would make teaching remotely, by means of Microsoft Teams platform.