Definition of the concepts of health, homeostasis, etiology, pathogenesis and disease. Environmental pathology: etiologic agents of physical, chemical and mechanical causes injury. Cellular Pathology: basic mechanisms of damage, an adaptive cellular responses, intracellular regressive processes, reversible and irreversible damage and cellular death by necrosis and apoptosis. Acute and chronic inflammation. Immunity: innate immunity, acquired immunity, humoral immune response, cell-mediated immune response. Oncology: general characteristics of neoplastic development, benign and malignant tumors, etiology of cancer, chemical carcinogenesis, metastatic process.
- Functions and composition of blood. Hemostasis.
- Morphological and functional organization of the cardiovascular system. Functional properties of the heart. Electrical and mechanical activity of the heart.
- Characteristics of respiratory anatomy and physiology. Functions of the respiratory system. Nervous and mechanic principles of ventilation.
- Structural and phisiological organization of the kidneys. Nephron. Concentration and dilution mechanisms of the urine.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Structural and phisiological organization of the nervous system. Sensory and motor systems. General phisiological processes in the neuron.