The students will acquire the following basic knowledge and skills;
- soil morphological features;
- soil physical-chemical features and relative interpretation of pedogenetic processes;
- the role and effect of the main factors of the soil formation in natural and anthropic ecosystems;
- ability in soil classification through the main international soil classification systems;
- to demonstrate an appreciation of the soil as a fundamental natural resource, deserving of wise use and protection;
- basic concept on pedotechnical management of soils belonging to degraded areas.