Oral or written exam. The assessment of the student's preparation will be done through the formulation of
questions to verify the level of learning of legislation, its historical evolution and its complex relationship with the
arts. The ability to communicate will be considered.
The course aims to raise awareness of the importance of cultural heritage within the Italian legal system. The study
of the rules for protection and enhancement will contribute to the understanding of cultural heritage as evidence of
civilization and of irreducibility of dignity of the human person.
The course also aims to examine the evolution of the regulatory framework for protection and promotion of cultural
heritage since the pre-unification States up to the most recent legislation
• The notion of cultural property;
• Typology of cultural heritage;
• The various ways of identifying cultural heritage;
• Structure, nature and character of cultural heritage;
• Legal status of cultural heritage;
• Functions and institutions: protection and preservation;
• Limits on the movement of goods and rights;
• Collective fruition and individual use;
• Promotional activities;
• Administrative penalties;
• Subjects: State, local authorities and private individuals;
• The central and peripheral organization of MIBAC;
• The instrumental companies
• Forms of management;
• The economic dimension of cultural heritage.
GIULIO VOLPE, Manuale di Diritto dei Beni Culturali, III Edizione, CEDAM, 2013
ALESSANDO FERRETTI, Manuale di Diritto dei Beni Culturali, VI Edizione, SIMONE, 2013
Recommended reading of review AEDON ("Il Mulino" Publishing House).
Lectures, seminars, tutorials.
Seminars and tutorials will be held about regional legislation, jurisprudence, administrative practices
Readiness to accept examination of incoming students also in a foreign language:English
Availability of supporting material and bibliographic references also in a foreign language:
Readiness to offer individual assistance also in a foreign language to incoming students: English