The course introduces the basics of the semantic web and provide the skills to use such technology in web applications, focusing particularly on document management for the public administration.
- Resource Description Framework (RDF) and RDF Schema
- Web Ontology Language (OWL)
- The SPARQL query language
- Software tools for the semantic web
- Semantic technologies for e-government
- Hitzer, Krotzsch, and Rudolph, "Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies", CRC Press
- Yu, "A developer's guide to the semantic web", Springer
- Vitvar, Peristeras, and Tarabanis, "Semantic Technologies for E-Government", Springer
Classes and laboratories
Office hours:By appointment.