Oral or written e Written assignment
The aim of the course is to provide a platform of theoretical tools to develop the students’ analytical and interpretative skills of the main past and present geopolitical events.
The course in Geopolitics focuses on the relationships between States and the government strategies used in the global competition for power. Starting from the geopolitical aspects of the geographical areas studied and from the main theoretical concepts of the subject, we will analyze the current international situation: we will study the conflicts happening in the world today, the constraints of USA supremacy; the role of the emerging states which are to form new strategic regions of power.
- GLASSNER M. I., "Manuale di Geografia Politica, VOL. I: Geografia e politica dello Stato", FrancoAngeli, 1997;
- LIZZA G., (a cura di), "Geopolitica delle prossime sfide", UTET, Torino, 2011;
- Teaching materials provided by the teacher
Lectures - lab
1) readiness to offer individual assistance also in a foreign language to incoming students
YES / language English
2) Availability of teaching materials and references in a foreign language for Erasmus students
YES you found in ( website , library etc ... ) in English
3) readiness to accept examination of incoming students also in a foreign language
YES / English language