Analysis and investigation of the causes of the phenomenon
• This credit will provide the basic information to understand the character of the phenomenon, which is mainly caused by human activities, with particular emphasis on the predisposing factors and determinants.
• Particular attention will be given to illustrate the relationships between physical factors (wind, slope, environmental factors, types of fuel and their accumulation) and dynamic of the outbreak, with illustration of simple techniques for predicting the behavior of easy use
• The investigation of the causes deepen the aspect related to motivation, highlighting techniques and procedures can be activated in order to better deal with it in operational terms (application of MEF with analysis of the fire)
• Planning and stages of integrated forest fires
• This credit will analyze the stages of integrated forest fires in particular: forecast (analysis of the risk), prevention of and fight direct and indirect active and passive.
• In the context of fighting techniques will delve into the following topics: analysis of the columns of smoke and air stability, recognition of the predisposing factor that mainly propagates the fire; LACES Protocol, the language of the forecast system of Campbell)
• Insights on methods for prediction of fire behavior: application
• This credit will delve into the latest techniques in predicting the behavior of the fire through the use of different simulation programs used for the analysis of the parameters of fire behavior (Visual Behave, Behave Plus).
• In this particular credit the use of such tools will be discussed mainly in the context of the application of the technique of prescribed fire management tool that provides preventive use of fire to reduce hazardous accumulations of fuels before the environmental conditions become criticism.
• Techniques for restoration areas covered
• In this credit will face the problems of assessing damage to plants, immediately after the passage of fire, the diagnosis easier activated on the ground, with identification of the interventions sustainable responsibility of the main forest formations existing in the region:
• reforestation of conifers deciduous hardwoods.
• They will be the subject of illustration recovery techniques for training degraded by remote events (tramarratura coppice etc :).
• Tutorial: use of forecasting software fire behavior and identification of types of fuel and their detection on the ground to provide input in the field to Behave Plus