To follow the course with profit, the student should possess basic knowledge about organic chemistry and pharmaceutical technology.
Two written tests during the period of the lessons or alternatively, at the discretion of the student, a final oral interview
Industrial formulation of medicines. Knowledge of technological features related to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Water for pharmaceutical purposes. Glass. Stainless steel. Aluminium. Polymers.
- Crushing, milling. Mills.
- Granulation. Granulators.
- Hard capsules: production and filling.
- Physics of compression. Industrial production of tablets. Production of effervescent tablets.
- Tablet coating techniques.
- Principles of sterilization. Sterilization by heat (moist heat, dry heat), ethylene oxide, ionising radiations, filtration, plasma.
- Quality of the air in the pharmaceutical industry. HEPA filters. Clean room technology.
- Freeze drying: theory and pharmaceutical applications. Zydis technology.
- Preparation and filling of liquid dosage forms. Pre-filled syringes. Blow-Fill-Seal technology.
- Pressurized products.
- Preparation and filling of semi-solid dosage forms.
Fabris L., Rigamonti A. La fabbricazione industraile dei medicinali. 2° Edizione, 2008, Società Editrice Esculapio, Bologna
Hugo W.B., Russell A.D. Microbiologia Farmaceutica, 4° Edizione, 1991, EMSI Roma
La Docente è a disposizione per qualunque ulteriore firstname.lastname@example.org