The Microbiology and Immunology integrated course focuses on different levels of organization of the microbial world, on the microbial factors and structures influencing pathogenicity and interacting with the host immune systems. Students acquire skills and knowledge in isolating and identificating the main types of microorganisms of interest in the veterinary context, in the understanding of their organization, and interpretation of their variability and evolution. The student also acquires knowledge about different types of immune response and the main diagnostic methods (direct and indirect) and prophylactics (vaccines) used for the control of infectious diseases.
During the verification of the results, the student must demonstrate:
- To possess knowledge and understanding that allow to develop and / or apply original ideas in the context of microbiology and immunology;
- To possess the ability to apply this knowledge and solve problems related to new or unfamiliar scenario;
- The ability to integrate microbiology / immunology knowledges and manage their
- The ability to communicate in a clear and unambiguous to both specialist and not specialists;
- The acquisition of autonomy of study in the field of microbiology and immunology.