According to the Regulation of the Midwifery course.
Students will examine the beginnings of life from conception through to the first 28 days following birth. The subject is designed to encourage the student to acquire and develop the necessary knowledge and skills to identify and give appropriate care for the 'at risk', sick or premature infant.
• Neonatal period. Classification and examination of newborns.
• Preterm infant
• Perinatal Asphyxia
• Cerebral Hemorrhage. Periventricular Leukomalacia
• Neonatal Seizures
• Resuscitation of the newborn
• Fetal infections
• Infant of diabetic mother
• Neonatal Respiratory Disorders
• Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia
• Neonatal Infections
• Necrotizing Enterocolitis
• Neonatal Hypoglycemia
• Brachial Plexus Injury
• Genetic Disorders: Patterns of Inheritance. Cystic Fibrosis
• Chromosomal Disorders
• Overview of Congenital Heart Diseases. Heart Failure in the Newborn
• Renal and Urinary Tract Malformations. Urinary Tract Infections
• Developmental Hip Dysplasia
• Newborn Screening
Nelson Essentials of Pediatrics - 6th Edition - KJ Marcdante, RM Kliegman, HB Jenson, RE Behrman. Saunders Elsevier.