To develop basic concepts and pathophysiologic remarks of different experimental models.
- Experimental model: definition and motivations to test animal models;
- Spontaneous and induced animal model;
- Bioethical issues in animal experimentation;
- Overview of legislation;
- Animal welfare and experimentation;
- Animal Stabling;
- Prosthetic systems;
- Animal models and joint replacements
Animal Models in Orthopaedic Research. An YH and RJ Friedman, CRC Press 1998
Slides of the lectures are available on the Moodle platform, with recommended papers for further details.